Great things are happening in downtown Raleigh! In the fourth quarter of 2012 alone, 15 new street-level businesses opened within the central business district, which included The Hampton Inn on Glenwood South, downtown’s first new hotel in four years. An assortment of bars, restaurants, retail spaces and more joined the mix as well. See below for the list, and visit the Triangle Business Journal for more information.
• The Hampton Inn & Suites-Raleigh Downtown hotel
• The Trig Modern design and home furnishings business
• Three new businesses at 300 W. Hargett St., including Cirque de Vol Studios, Epitome Boutique & Beauty Bar and Estate Boutique
• Bolt Bistro & Bar on Fayetteville Street
• Kindred on Wilmington Street
• Cofre Consignment on Martin Street
• Deco Raleigh on Hargett Street
• Lisa Stewart Shop & Studio on Blake Street
• Lumina Clothing on Glenwood Avenue
• Cornerstone Tavern on Glenwood Avenue
• NutraFit on Blount Street
• The Royal James on Hargett Street
• View Bar on Glenwood Avenue.
For the full year, downtown Raleigh had 38 new street-level businesses open and 17 business closings compared to 41 new businesses and 26 business closings in 2011.