Our award-winning relocation department has helped thousands of people move to and from the Triangle, and know how to help you make the transition as easy as possible. If you are selling your home, our team will select the perfect relocation-trained sales associate to help you sell your home quickly for the highest price. If you are moving to the Triangle we will help you find your dream home and take care of all the details for you.
Nancy Harner, Senior Vice President of CBHPW’s Corporate Services/Relocation Division, shares some tips to help both buyers and sellers prepare for their move.
- Tip Number 1, 2 and 3…………Do not overprice your home!
- If you want top dollar for your home, it must be de-cluttered, clean, neutral and appeal to the most buyers. Listen to your agent, they know what buyers want because they do this everyday.
- When you interview agents ask about their success in getting their listings sold
- Make sure to work with a Relocation Trained Agent who understands that Corporate Listings are different than local listings
- Make sure you understand your policy and if you have questions direct them back to your Relocation Counselor not your Real Estate Agent.
- Learn as much as possible about your new destination city. Ask friends, co-workers and the Relocation Counselor at the Real Estate company with whom your are working.
- Get a Pre-Approval Letter from your Mortgage company so that you know exactly what you can afford.
- When your Relocation Counselor contacts you to do a needs assessment, give them as much information as possible. This helps them match the perfect Agent to work with you.
- Make your “Must Have List” and your “Would Like to Have List, and decide what you are willing to be flexible about in your new home.
- Give your Buyer’s Agent as much information as possible about the home you are selling. This will help them schedule your purchase and closing date.
- Never try to schedule the closing on the home you are selling and the home you are purchasing too close together. Always have a back up plan for where you will stay and your household goods move, if your closing is delayed.
For more information on Coldwell Banker Howard Perry and Walston’s award-winning Corporate Services/Relocation Division call 1.877.333.3310